RetourMatras is an innovative and rapidly expanding mattress recycling company with four recycling sites in the Netherlands. We have been able to present the RetourMatras approach to an even larger section of the market because IKEA, Renewi and IKANO Industry have become partners of our business since 2019. Besides sustainably recycling mattresses, we continue to develop our circular processes and are looking for partnerships that will help us to reinforce our competitive position.
Chemical recycling is a revolutionary technique and is the latest activity that RetourMatras will be fully focussing on in 2021.
As of 1 July, we will need a Chemist to manage our chemical recycling site in Lelystad. The initial onboarding process will last 1 month and will take place at a factory in Poland, which is run by one of RetourMatras’s partners. All necessary facilities for your stay will be arranged for you.
As Chemist you will be responsible for all activities at our new chemical recycling facility. You will have a full-time contract at RetourMatras and will work at one fixed site.
Mid 2021, the whole RetourMatras organisation employs 65 enthusiastic and committed people. In June, our offices has moved from Nieuwerbrug to Bodegraven. Also we opened our fourth mattress recycling site in Etten-Leur, and will be further expanding our new chemical recycling facility later this year. In short, we are growing quickly and are looking for a responsible person who can supervise the chemical recycling plant for materials from end-of-life products.
The position of Chemist requires someone who can maintain a clear overview while also managing a team. The site where you will be working is located next to our existing mattress recycling site in Lelystad. You will occupy a new position and will be personally responsible for autonomously performing and monitoring your own activities. You will do this in close consultation with the operational director, to whom you will report.
The chemical recycling process involves converting polyurethane foam from mattresses into Repolyol. Repolyol is a circular raw material which can be used to produce new foam products. You must try to make the foam chain circular by working closely with the manager in Lelystad as well as our partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervising employees and activities within the factory.
- Inspecting all Repolyol processes and monitoring the production plan on a daily basis.
- Analysing production quality results, registering process and production data, and compiling result overviews.
- Overseeing the production process, performing checks on maintenance, and inspecting machines.
- Managing procurement and sales contracts.
- Cooperating with the manager of the recycling site in Lelystad.
- Monitoring compliance with QHSE policy: quality, health, safety and the environment.
Position in organisation
- The Chemist will report to, and fall under the responsibility of, the operational director.
- Works very closely with the working manager of the recycling site in Lelystad.
- Proactive and independent
- Good communication skills
- Supervisory ability
- Ability to maintain an overview
- Sense of responsibility
- Stress resistant
- HBO/WO (HVE/PSE) qualification in Chemistry
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience as manager
- Experience with processes in a recycling or production environment
- Fluent communication: Dutch and English
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with process-based operation in a quality management system
- Full-time contract (40 hours)
- Mobile phone
- You will be given a 1-year contract, which will become permanent if both parties are satisfied
- Competitive salary (depending on qualifications and work experience)
- Good fringe benefits
Applying for the job of Chemist
Send an e-mail, with application vacancy Chemist in the subject line, to email@example.com, f.a.o. Mr. C. van Hemert. Please also enclose an up-to-date CV.
This position can only be carried out under a permanent employment contract. That is why we are not interested in the services of third parties, recruitment and selection bureaus, employment agencies and other such companies.