CircuFoam is a new activity in which we use a revolutionary recycling technique, namely the production of polyurethane repolyol from discarded mattresses. The new CircuFoam location in Lelystad (NL) will be completed at the beginning of 2022, after which the factory will be immediately operational. This innovative production process is unique in the Netherlands and will have a major impact on the use of circular raw materials.
CircuFoam is a separate organization that emerged from RetourMatras. In addition to sustainable mattress recycling and the reuse of raw materials, we at CircuFoam focus purely on converting foam (polyurethane) from discarded mattresses into repolyol, a circular raw material from which new foam products can be made.
To manage this innovative and highly specialized process, we are looking for a Chemist (full-time). A completed university degree in Chemistry, work experience plus managerial experience is required. You will work in CircuFoam’s new factory in Lelystad, where we use chemical processes to achieve 100% raw material recovery from foam.
Your training period will start on 1 March 2022 and you will be trained as a manager of our CircuFoam location in Lelystad. Your training period will take place for the first 2 weeks at a comparable factory location in Poland at a partner of RetourMatras, where you will be guided by an experienced Chemist. All necessary facilities for your stay in Poland will be arranged for you. After that, we offer you a next training period of approximately 6 weeks at CircuFoam in Lelystad, which will also be your permanent work location from then. From May, the CircuFoam factory will be 100% ready, including the team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervising employees and activities within the factory.
- Inspecting all Repolyol processes and monitoring the production plan on a daily basis.
- Analysing production quality results, registering process and production data, and compiling result overviews.
- Overseeing the production process, performing checks on maintenance, and inspecting machines.
- Cooperating with the manager of the recycling site in Lelystad.
- Monitoring compliance with QHSE policy: quality, health, safety and the environment.
- Management of purchase and sales contracts.
- Proactive and independent
- Good communication skills
- Supervisory ability
- Able to work independently and well in a team
- Ability to maintain an overview
- Sense of responsibility
- Stress resistant
- HBO/WO (HVE/PSE) qualification in Chemistry
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience as manager
- Experience with processes in a recycling or production environment
- Fluent communication: Dutch and English
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with process-based operation in a quality management system
- Full-time contract (40 hours)
- Mobile phone
- You will be given a 1-year contract, which will become permanent if both parties are satisfied
- Competitive salary (depending on qualifications and work experience)
- Good fringe benefits
Applying for the job of Chemist
Send an e-mail, with application vacancy Chemist in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org, f.a.o. Mr. C. van Hemert. Please also enclose an up-to-date CV.
We look forward to your response. We treat all applications confidentially.
The first acquaintance will take place via an online conversation. If there is mutual interest, a second appointment will be made near the new CircuFoam factory.
RetourMatras is an innovative and rapidly expanding mattress recycling company with four recycling sites in the Netherlands. We have been able to present the RetourMatras approach to an even larger section of the market because IKEA, Renewi and IKANO Industry have become partners of our business since 2019. Besides sustainably recycling mattresses, we continue to develop our circular processes and are looking for partnerships that will help us to reinforce our competitive position. RetourMatras employs 65 enthusiastic and committed employees, divided over four mattress recycling locations and an head office. We expect to be able to open the new CircuFoam factory in Lelystad at the beginning of 2022.